Pages

Friday, September 14, 2012

Popcorn Cauliflower!

popcorn cauliflower in the oven.
Yum!

Healthy popcorn cauliflower!

If you love cauliflower, or not, I guarantee you will love this healthy snack. I found out about it watching Dr. Oz's TV show. I tried it and loved it and now I am sharing it with you. Let me know if you liked it. 


Prep/Total Time: 30 min.
Yield: 4 Servings

Ingredients:

1 large head cauliflower, broken into small florets
1 tablespoon olive oil
1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper (I used cayenne)
1/2 teaspoon paprika
1/2 teaspoon turmeric
(you may add other spices)

Directions:
  1. Place cauliflower in a greased baking pan (I forgot to use foil, but I will use it next time)
  2. Drizzle the florets with olive oil and sprinkle with spices; toss to coat. 
  3. Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 15-18 minutes or until crispy; stirring once. 
  4. If it becomes a little brown on the sides, it's delicious, too. 
  5. Go ahead and snack it all out  :)

Nutritional Facts (according to Wikipedia):
1 cup equals 88 calories, 4 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 1 mg cholesterol, 309 mg sodium, 11 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 5 g protein.

2 comments:

  1. This is such a great and healthy idea! Not to say popcorn is not good but for me that had braces before, I leaned not to eat popcorn because it would get stuck in my brackets. Because of this, I do not eat popcorn now days. I am going to try this recipe! Thank you Juju!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL... That's awesome, Aixa. I have never had braces, but i can just imagine how embarrassing it could get. But, hey, you should try this healthy version, then. Let me know.

    ReplyDelete