Pages

Friday, September 21, 2012


Making Queso a "light" snack!


As many of you may know, yesterday was FREE queso day at Moe's.  Of course I went there and got mine (at 8:56PM - LOL). I must confess I did eat a few chips with the yummy warm queso last night. But I decided to be a good girl - sure... - and save some for the next day. So, this morning, I had  queso  for breakfast (there is still 1/3 left for later, so I guess I did "good").  Wait! No, no, no, no chips, though.  And this is why I am posting this today.

For all the  queso  lovers out there, here is my suggestion. Instead of eating chips dipped in  queso, why not use carrots of corn crackers (baked)?

I didn't really like it with carrots, but the crackers were yummy.  The best part was that I still got to enjoy the queso in a lighter way.  Check this out:

- 8 crackers = 2 points (Weight Watchers)
- 8 tortilla chips = 8 points  (Weight Watchers)

Totally worth the switch :)

1 comment:

  1. Ahh...Juliana. My name is Tyray, I live in Roswell (Atlanta), GA and since I read gringoes.com I was surprised and delighted that a Brasileira that lives in my city has some really cool blogs. I like the blog about cooking healthy. I guess we won't be getting any recipes of feijoada anytime soon will we? I loved reading you in gringoes.com too. I speak some Portuguese, have been to Salvador da Bahia, and volunteered in the Instituto Dois Irmãos (i2i) in the favela Rocinha in Rio. But what I really liked is the teaching/learning language blog yours. You have a ESL/University background. I plan on taking TESOL at Kennesaw State University and would appreciate any ideas of encouragement you could pass my way. I tried to post this to your language tips blog but could not.

    ReplyDelete